10 Great Makeup Artists to Follow on Instagram
Ever discovered a make-up artist on social media and suddenly your life wasn’t the same anymore?Multiply that by the 10 great make-up artists! Check their amazing profiles to find out about new trends, products and most of all to have your mind blown:
1. Pat McGrath – @patmcgrathrealis considered one of make-up Gods with a whooping 1.9 Mil followers will spoil you with posts about the make-up she does for the likes of Nikki Minaj, Naomi Campbell, Selena Gomez among a myriad of other stars.Safe to say she is an institution in the fashion industry.You will not get bored, in fact you might just fall in love with her backstage photos and make-up products from her own line.
2. ROSHAR @Rosharofficial125 k followersOne of the legendary and most influential make-up artists on the planet, Roshar coined the term unconventional make-up. His style is easily recognizable: flawless skin, strong or pastel colours and mindblowing face/hair accessories – all aimed at converting a beautiful model into an art statement. He gives inside info about his worldwide travels and all the make-up looks he designs. It’s safe to call him an iconic make-up artist.
3. Violette @Violette_fr220 k followersViolette is Global Beauty Director for Este Lauder and has a very popular Youtube channel. Native Parisian make-up artist, Violette has that ”je ne sais quoi” that is instantly appealing . Living in New York hasn’t cast a shadow on the chic french vibes as you will discover in her posts. If you are fascinated by natural beauty with a touch of glam, a bit of romance and seduction Violette is your best choice.
4. Isamaya Ffrench @isamayaffrench140 k followersOr as she calls herself Beauty Exec – she is way beyond just a make-up artist and expands her area of expertise by directing her work. Among her lucky clients we can list Bjork, Rossy de Palma, Marylin Manson, Rihanna, Stella McCartney just to name a few. She does know how to engage an audience an to create one thrilling feed that will feed your addiction to make-up.
5. Ryan Burke @ryburk149 k followersHe is one of the most whimsical and visually appealing make-up artist – of course his talent did get noticed since he is part of Pat Mcgrath’s team. His IG offers a unique perspective on transformative make-up, also incorporating drag techniques but not limited to that. He explores all kinds of looks and scrolling down his feed turns out to be a thrilling adventure for beauty lovers all around the world.
6. Lisa Eldridge @lisaeldrige899 k followersMake -up artist is an avid lover of cats and all feminine and refined things, Lisa does not disappoint. Upon entering her magical world you will get pampered with ‘how to’ vids, backstage beauty photos and glamorous makeovers. She is the global creative director of Lancome, author, educator and a living legend in make-up. That being said, I will now leave you alone so you can enjoy her fab posts.
7. Nikki_makeup333 k followers (and counting)She is first and foremost indeed a skin queen. International make-up artist and Becca Cosmetics Ambassador is your go-to make-up guru when it comes to flawless make-up. She is super friendly, gorgeous and fascinating. She does share her secrets and has fun doing it. Be ready to change your hair routine while we’re at it. She only recommends the best stuff on the market. Her feed is also rich in hot tutorials, ooh wee!
8. Denis Kartashev @deniskartashev122 k followersEclectic style, glimpses into one of the top russian make-up artists who travels worldwide for make-up masterclasses and has his own academy in Moskow. Expect to find stunning photos on his IG account – he may just as well be one of the best russian make-up artists out there. His untamed spirit shines through and you will be left gasping and obsessively double-tapping each photo on his feed.
9. Toni Malt @tonimaltmakeup24.9 k followersEver found yourself staring at Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar or Marie Clarie covers wondering how make-up can get that amazing? Chances are you are already familiar with Toni’s work then.With over a decade experience in in the fashion industry she can list Chanel, Ferrari, Gucci among her clients. She is not only a highly regarded and awarded make-up artist but also the author of the book Transform 1 Model – 60 looks which is of course, a best-seller.This is her way of sharing her knowledge with the younger generation of make-up artists and inspiring them to exceed their creative limits by emerging themselves in the creative process.
10. Alex Box @thealexbox176 k followersShe is one of the original/iconic/legendary visual artists conveing her passion for colour, shape and texture into a meaningful and highly regarded make-up artist career.A mentor, author, speaker, guide and ultimately a vissionaire she will only go with her artistic drive and her intuition.Currently the beauty editor of Berlin’s King Kong magazine, acclaimed fashion & art magazine she is the artist to blend make-up, fashion and high-tech to create contemporary works of art. Her feed exudes individuality and power of expression and will leave you daydreaming.All this being said, what are you waiting for? Go check them ALL out and ENJOY getting inspired!
Beautiful model Ayan at Toni's London Masterclass showcasing one of the looks from the book TRANSFORM
Success at IMATS NY when Toni Malt hits the stage for her Masterclass.
Learn how to transform the same model into 60 editorial characters.